• Meditation creates a unique hypo metabolic state, in which the metabolism is in an even deeper state of rest than during sleep.
• During sleep, oxygen consumption drops by 8 percent, but during meditation, it drops by 10 to 20 percent.
• Meditation is the only activity that reduces blood lactate, a marker of stress and anxiety.Some of the achievements of meditation are :
• Enhanced memory
• Muscular relaxation
• Mental equipoise
• Inner calmness
• Increased awareness
• Cheerfulness all the time
• Disappearance of jealousy – lust and other vices
• Behavioural modificationThe Effect of Recitation of Mantra with Meditation :
According to the science of acoustics, the patterns of sound waves produced by each of the twenty-four letters of the Gayatri Mantra are very special and their combined effect is a source of immense energy.
Significantly, the nerves connected with the components of vocal cord, tongue, palate and fingers used in the japa have more than 60 % representation in the cerebral cortex. The bioelectrical currents generated by the excitation of the nerve cells complete one “neuronal cycle” per recitation and activate the brain with fresh energy.
Write Your Comments Here: